23 February 2017

Parapara, Ismail, Bessarabia

Parapara was founded in 1916 by settlers from Basyrjamka, Hoffnungsfeld, Gnadental, Neu Arzis and Neu Elft. It was a part of the Arzis Protestant parish.

In 1939, the population was 160.  Today the village is defunct. 


Plat map of Parapara
Source: 1986 Heimatkalender der Bessarabiendeutschen
Map courtesy of the Black Sea German Research plat map collection

Location of Parapara

_________________________________________________________________________________

Sources: 


 # # #

Neu-Alexandrowka, Akkerman, Bessarabia

Neu-Alexandrowka, a Protestant daughter colony in Bessarabia, was founded in 1913.

Today, Neu-Alexndrowka is defunct.

Plat map of Neu-Alexandrowka
Source: 1986 Heimatkalender der Bessarabiendeutschen
Map courtesy of the Black Sea German Research plat map collection

Location of Neu-Alexandrowka


_________________________________________________________________________________

Sources: 

 # # #

Ebenfeld, Cahul, Bessarabia

Ebenfeld was founded in 1914 by settlers from Neu Sarata.  The 1923 census recorded 25 households with 99 inhabitants.  The population grew to 157 over the next 10 years, and by 1939, there were 255 in habitants.  On 23 August 1939, the Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact was signed.  The German villagers, numbering 180, were repatriated to Germany, forced to leave their homes, workshops and land. After their exodus, the name of the village was changed to Cîmpul Drept.  It is now in Moldova, and the 2004 census recorded a population of 410, none of whom declared German ethnicity.

Plat map of Ebenfeld
Source: National Archives and Records Administration & Dale Wahl Collection
Map courtesy of the Black Sea German Research plat map collection
Location of Ebenfeld

_________________________________________________________________________________

Sources: 


 # # #

21 February 2017

Neu-Oneschti, Chisinau, Bessarabia

Neu-Oneschti was founded 1890 near Alt-Oneschti (founded 1885) and Strymbeni (founded 1881). All three were Protestant colonies settled on leased land.  Although the population in 1904 was 170 and 324 in 1939, Neu-Oneschti is now defunct.

Plat map of Neu-Oneschti
Source: Jarbuch der Deutschen aus Bessarabien 1992
Map courtesy of the Black Sea German Research plat map collection
Location of Neu-Oneschti
_________________________________________________________________________________

Sources: 


 # # #

Alt-Oneschti, Chisinau, Bessarabia

Alt-Oneschti was founded in 1885 on leased land near neighboring Strymbeni (founded 1881) and defunct colony Neu-Oneschti (founded 1890).  The leased land was probably a part of the Russian village of Oneşti.  This village actually dated back to 1528. It's name changed to Purceleni sometime around 1632 and then back to Oneşti after the German population was repatriated back to Germany in 1939.  

In 1904, the population was 170, and in 1939, the population was 351.  Today the village continues to be called Oneşti, is in Moldova, and, in 2004, had a population of 1,196.

Plat map of Alt-Oneschti
Source: Jarbuch der Deutschen aus Bessarabien 1992
Map courtesy of the Black Sea German Research plat map collection

Location of Alt-Oneschti

_________________________________________________________________________________

Sources: 



 # # #