div#ContactForm1 { display: none !important; }

09 July 2016

New Map - Kutschurgan colonies

Beginning in 1808, the Kutschurgan colonies were founded along the Kutschurgan River, a tributary of the Dniester River, primarily by Catholic families from Alsace, Baden, Palatinate and Württemberg.  By 1820, the six Mother colonies combined had grown to a population of 2,243. By 1859 the area had grown to 7,272, after which Daughter colonies began to be established.  These were often established by Kutschurgan sons, but sometimes Catholics from the Liebental or Beresan areas with join in the establishing of new Daughter colonies.


###