Elisabethtal was one of the Caucasus Mother colonies, located 20 miles (32 km) southwest of T'bilisi. Founded in 1817 by 65 families from Wurttemberg, it was situated near forests and was known for its viniculture.
# # #
|Elizabethtal plat map|
Source: 1967/68 Heimatbuch der Deutschen aus Russland
Map courtesy of Black Sea German Research plat map collection
|Location of Elisabethtal, South Caucasus|
- Black Sea German Research plat map collection
- Germans from Russia Settlement Locations, Caucasus Colonies map
- German-Russian Handbook, Ulrich Mertens, p. 342
- Heimatbuch der Deutschen aus Russland, 1967/68 (Homeland Book of the Germans from Russia), Johann Kampen and Hans Kampen, eds.
- Map of German Settlements in the North and South Caucasus, Karl Stumpp