Pilenkofeld is situated far up in the northwest, near the passage to Crimea. It was founded in 1886 on land bought from the Yuri Pilenko, a Russian aristocrat. The founding settlers were from Gnadenburg along with Bessarabian Germans and others from Silesia.
Kolonie Pilenkofeld plat map
- Black Sea German Research plat map collection
- Germans from Russia Settlement Locations, Caucasus Colonies map
- German-Russian Handbook, Ulrich Mertens, p. 607
- Heimatbuch der Deutschen aus Russland, 1961 (Homeland Book of the Germans from Russia), Johann Kampen and Hans Kampen, eds.
- Map of German Settlements in the North and South Caucasus, Karl Stumpp
# # #