div#ContactForm1 { display: none !important; }

07 December 2016

Rastadt, Beresan

Rastadt was founded on 11 October 1810.  By 1913, there were 338 farmyard lots, 3,807 residents, plus 21 Russian families, 9 Jewish and 2 gypsy families.

The original church was Catholic, built in 1812, and designated a parish.  A new church was built in 1872 made of quarried stone with two towers rising to a height of 130 feet.

Plat map of Rastadt.
Source: Paradise on the Steppe, p. 319
Map courtesy of the Black Sea German Research site plat map collection



Location of Rastadt, Beresan


_________________________________________________________________________________

Sources: 

# # #